HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Below are Health and Wellness resources that are here to support you.
AMS Peer Support
*Speakeasy and Vice have merged to form AMS Peer Support
Located and run by UBC AMS, AMS Peer Support provides free, confidential, one-on-one peer support for UBC students and staff facing a wide variety of challenges. University can be a challenging and stressful time. AMS Peer Support is here to provide a safe space of non-judgment and acceptance for students and faculty members who need support. Their goal is to empower you to resolve issues in your own way by providing support, information and guidance; no issue is too big or too small.
The AMS Sexual Assault Support Centre is here to educate, support, and empower people of all genders who have experienced sexual violence as well as their friends and family. They provide free and confidential services to UBC students, staff, faculty, and those connected to the UBC-Vancouver campus community. Their services include:
UBC Wellness Centre
At the Wellness Centre, talk with a trained student for tips and resources on stress, study tips, or navigating university life. Peer Educators are trained student volunteers who can answer your questions, talk with you, and recommend resources for everyday concerns related to health, relationships, and workload.
Reach out to peer coaches, orientation leaders, executives, and LFSIUS Health and Wellness Coordinators!
- A Wellness Advisor at Counselling Services - students.ubc.ca/health
- A Doctor or Nurse at Student Health Service - students.ubc.ca/health
• Health care from doctors, nurses, and referral to
specialists as needed.
• Book appointments online, by phone, or in person
- Specialist at Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office
Speak with a registered nurses at their residence or study space (Nurse on Campus image attached)
Phone Support (toll free and 24/7)
- Vancouver Crisis Line | +1(800)7842433
- Empower Me | +1(844)7416389
• 24/7 phone and online
• Life coaching and personal counselling
- Victim Link | +1(800)5630808 (service in 110 languages)
The Colour Project
The Colour Project (TCP) is an initiative focused on providing anonymous, free, peer-based emotional support to those struggling with depression & anxiety through 1:1 text messaging with trained volunteers.